This plate forms part of a large tea service which was produced to commemorate the erection of the War Memorial Gates, Park Road, Coedpoeth. The gates were erected in memory of the men of Bersham parish who lost their lives during the First World War (1914-18). The gates were officially opened on Armistice Day, 11 November 1921. The tea service consists of twelve cups and saucers, two side plates, two sandwich plates, one sugar bowl and one milk jug. These items were sold by Dodds furniture and crockery sellers, High Street, Coed-poeth. The tea service was produced as a private venture by the shop and 2d. per week could be put away to secure any piece of the service.